An established and highly successful Australian retail brand has entered an exciting time of growth and evolution. To support their next steps they are looking for a stellar Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who will ensure the successful execution of the company’s business mission through development and implementation of the company’s digital presence and performance capability. This requires envisioning service offerings as a web-based business, leading implementation of web applications and IT infrastructure while planning for risk and growth.
This role will contain ideal projects for a CTO who relishes pioneering, who embraces bringing the latest technology to design and implement integrated and compelling digital customer journey's for an unconventional brand identity. The CTO will need to assess and support the building of a small eCommerce and IT team starting with needs assessment and recruitment through to training and development during this project.
A critical outcome of this role will be the continual development and evolution of a complete technical strategy and roadmap through a coordinated cross-functional effort for the digital customer journey and overall system capability. The CTO will need to consider existing, emerging and future technologies, customer trends and needs, the competitive landscape, and commercial viability.
A successful CTO will be highly skilled in articulating and “marketing" this strategy in the form of clear, concise, audience-appropriate, relevant communications for audiences including the Board, management and other key stakeholders across the organisation.
- Lead the development and execution of market leading technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships
- Project manage required plans to successfully execute the technology strategy, including hands-on implementation
- Design, recruit and develop a small IT and eCommerce team in collaboration with management & HR
- Select and manage appropriate outsourced vendors utilising clear SLA’s
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as Marketing and Retail Operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and performance results
- Conduct research and case studies on leading edge technologies and make determinations on the suitability and impacts of implementation to operations, sales performance and the Customer Journey
- Work with marketing, retail operations and management to develop digital marketing strategy across online channels and managing/optimising eCommerce budget
- Work with marketing to translate the content and creative needs of digital experiences into the functional/operational solutions required
- Drive the online presence, engagement, and sales of the website
- Ensuring that the customer experience on the site is optimised to drive conversion and retention rates
- Ensure that up-to date technology standards, industry trends and best practices are built and maintained across the organisation
- Consult retail operations to establish a process to integrate customer service and support with the software engineering process to support resolution of customer issues and improve application usability
- Influence, live and breathe the leadership culture, across all areas, every day
- Provide visible leadership for the company within the technology community e.g. through contributions to open source software development, standardisation of technologies, and evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers outside the company, releasing code, presenting at conferences, and writing for publication