Do you know what it takes to make a good design a great digital experience? Do you drool over Awwwards or the FWA? If your answer is yes, read on.
We're looking for a Senior Digital Designer with a sophisticated eye to join a mid-sized digital agency with an entrepreneurial spirit and startup feel.
This is an important hire for the company as you'll be interacting with clients independently and mentoring junior designers.
You're an extremely organised, detail-obsessed self-starter with a passion for everything digital. The ability to juggle multiple projects and stay calm and collected under pressure is part of your DNA. You thrive in a collaborative team and will never say the words "It's not my job"!
- Create original site design concepts that help clients meet their business objectives, regardless of whether it's a consumer-facing website or a sophisticated corporate web application
- Be completely hands-on - manage day-to-day design tasks as well as client and internal presentations
- Communicate and deliver exceptional quality even under tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of UX, exceptional UI design skills and attention to design details
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure the design vision is communicated and understood
- Present and defend ideas to clients in an articulate manner
- Lead the visual design portion of client presentations, preparing discussion points and clearly communicating the thinking and 'story' behind a design
- Maintain beautiful files that are organised, well labelled and easy for developers to work with
- Partner with developers and collaborate with them during development and design
- 3+ years experience designing and concepting at a digital agency, consumer facing web company, or startup environment
- Humility, a sense of humor and the ability to work well and with grace under pressure
- A modern, web-centric online portfolio of your design accomplishments
- A keen interest in emerging technologies and how they might impact future design decisions and strategic directions
- An appreciation for good design and exquisite typography in almost any context
- An understanding of the methodologies and processes inherent to a human-centered design practice
- Have the ability to illustrate complex information simply and beautifully
- Back of the hand knowledge of Adobe CS
- Responsive Web design principles